GDPR, Privacy & Security
iGuana GDPR Charter
- iGuana employs an internal Data Protection Officer (DPO) responsible for compliance with GDPR
- iGuana follows instructions given by its customers (data controllers) and does not use any customer data for its own purposes
- iGuana does not outsource any of its data processing activities without customer consent & perfoms due diligence on all subcontractors
- iGuana does not retain customer data for a period longer than the one agreed with the customer
- iGuana takes all the necessary steps to secure and protect personal data of it customers, suppliers, partners and employees
- iGuana trains its personnel in all matters related to privacy, security & data protection on a regular basis
- iGuana’s personnel and subcontractors are subject to confidentiality agreements and are required to adhere to strict policies
- iGuana conducts internal and external announced and unannouced GDPR and security audits
- iGuana is open to audits and makes available all documentation required to demonstrate its compliance with GDPR
- iGuana undertakes to report a data breach to the data controller without undue delay, should such a breach ever occur
- iGuana incorporates GDPR clauses, terms & conditions in data processing agreements
- iGuana’s systems, policies and procedures include data protection requirements by design and by default
GDPR with Respect to iGuana’s Software Solutions & Services
iGuana provides document management & digital archiving software (iGuana iDM) and scanning services for documents and archives (ScanFactory).
iGuana iDM Software
iGuana iDM software is intended for our clients who use it to process, manage and archive their documents and/or their customers’ documents. If you use iGuana iDM software that is administered to you by your organization, it is subject to your organization’s own internal policies and procedures for protection of personal data under GDPR. iGuana is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of its customers, which may differ from those of iGuana. As such, should you have any privacy inquiries related to iGuana iDM software administered to you by your organisation, please direct them to your organization’s own DPO, systems administrator or another responsible party within your organisation.
iGuana ScanFactory services are intended for clients who wish to outsource all or part of their archiving activities to iGuana. Under these circumstances iGuana is considered a data processor and its ScanFactory customers – data controllers under GDPR. We therefore take all the necessary measures to protect personal data processed by ScanFactory on behalf of our clients and assist them in ensuring compliance. These measures are described in the iGuana GDPR Charter, in detailed compliance documentation provided by iGuana to its ScanFactory customers and in data processing agreements between iGuana and its ScanFactory customers. You are welcome to direct privacy inquiries regarding data processing activities outsourced to ScanFactory by your organisation to the iGuana DPO.
Privacy Notice for iGuana Website
Our website provides a wealth of information on our company, our solutions and services. It also offers our website visitors the opportunity to contact us, request information or price quotes, submit support requests and apply for available job vacancies via online contact forms on our website. We recognize the importance of protecting your privacy and the personal data you submit to us when you use these contact forms and we took all the necessary technical and organizational measures to prevent any unauthorized access or processing.
What Data We Process & Why
Who Has Access to Your Data
Only iGuana has access to data collected through this website. Requests you submit via our website are automatically transferred to iGuana employees concerned. The information that you provide to us when you submit a job application goes directly to the person responsible for recruitment & HR at iGuana and support requests – directly to the iGuana Helpdesk. Please be aware that iGuana website contains external links to other websites, such as (but not limited to) the websites of our suppliers or partners. We are not responsible for the processing of your personal data by these external sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
We believe in transparency and open communication with individuals concerned. Please do not hesitate to contact the iGuana DPO directly for any questions or concerns you may have regarding the use of this website.
- You are not obliged to provide any personal data to us whatsoever i.e. whichever data you decide to provide is on a purely voluntary basis
- You have the right to obtain details from us on whether your personal data are being processed and, if yes, which data and for what purpose
- You have the right of access to your data, to restrict its processing or to have your data rectified, corrected, updated or erased
- You have the right to data portability i.e. to receive the personal data concerning you and to transmit those data to another company
- You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data or to the purpose of processing, and to lodge a complaint with the authorities
- You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing of your personal data at any time by contacting the iGuana DPO