Metis DRS 2000 DCS introduces exclusive features which have no equivalent in any other system available on the market, such as the innovative DC SynchroLight lighting system (Dynamically Controlled Synchronized Light), which allows dynamic control of the light in the scanning area. DC SynchroLight is a patent protected Metis technology which gives the ability to control and change dynamically, instantly and automatically the angle & intensity of the light emitted by the light sources in the scanning area, making it possible to optimize the result of digitization, depending on the type and nature of the originals.
In addition to the DC SynchroLight, Metis has also designed a proprietary software tool that allows post-scan light variations for real-time light changes and calculating 3D data from 2D colour data, without the need to re-scan the original; post-scan light changes allow to select the best light schematic in a matter of seconds and provide unique results unrivalled by any other system.
Some of the other benefits introduced by the Metis DRS 2000 DCS large format scanner are:
- Digital camera integrated into the Metis DRS 2000 DCS system that is vertically motorized; makes it possible to achieve an optical resolution of 1000 ppi (and up to 2000 ppi x 1000 ppi)
- High scanning speed and operativity; high grade precision / reliable mechanics & optics; perfect geometrical accuracy and high depth of field
- Metis Scan Director Software specifically designed for Industrial, Fine Art & Decor applications
- Special 3D calculating mode allowing the generation of a dense and accurate Depth MAP for 3D printing / engraving purposes
|Max. Scan Format||200 cm x 120 cm (extend to larger size thanks to the Scan Merge tool that allows for perfect & automatic stitching of different scans / acquisitions)|
|Max. Thickness||~ 20 cm for 200 cm x 120 cm format; up to 50 cm for minor formats|
|Optical Resolution||Up to 1000 ppi (software adjustable from 100 ppi to 2000 ppi)|
|Image Sensor||16K CMOS, trilinear, High Dynamic Range, low noise, high colour fidelity|
|Image Processing||16 bit per channel (3 x 16 bit) independently from selected output format|
|Scan / Acquisition Modes||Scan, SuperScan, Direct SuperScan, DOF+ (various combinations are also possible)|
|Image Save Formats||Metis MDC, Standard TIFF (Color: 48 bit or 24 bit; Grayscale: 16 bit or 8 bit), JPEG and other formats are also available in normal scan mode|
|Auto-Focus||Camera lens & table are vertically motorized and automatically adjusted by the software depending on selected resolution & original thickness|
|Lighting Schematics||4 light sources with variable distance
Thousands of different light schematics can be obtained through dimming & light distance setting (fully automated & software controlled)
|Light Source Type||High CRI LEDs (Ra Typical = 93), IR / UV free|
|Exclusive Software||All software runs natively at 64 bit on Windows 10 64 bit Professional edition
|Holding Table||~ 250 cm x 140 cm, can hold up to 200 kg, integrated pressure sensors|
|Metis Vacuum Table||Optional|
|Scanner Sizes||~ 295 cm width x ~240 cm depth x ~245 cm height|
Download the complete specifications of the Metis DRS 2000 DCS Large Format Scanner for Industrial & Decor Applications here.
A Middle Format version of the Metis DRS DCS industrial scanner is also available. For more information click here.
Metis DRS 2000 DCS Large Format Surface Scanner for Industrial Reproduction & Decor
Key Features of the Metis DRS 2000 DCS Surface Scanner
- Specially designed for industrial & decor applications
- Integrates natural colour capturing, 3D data calculation, glossiness
- Scanline with 16K resolution, high-fidelity colour & low noise
- Exclusive, patented DC SynchroLight technology
- Scan format: 200 x 120 cm (extendable with Scan Merge tool)
- Optical resolution up to 1000 ppi (with software, up to 2000 ppi)
- Scans materials up to 50 cm thick, up to 200 kg with holding table
- Sophisticated software: Scan Director, Light Inspector, Color Profiler
Metis Scanning Technology: High Resolution
Watch this video to see a sample of a very large format original scanned with a Metis scanner at high resolution (wood scan sample).
Metis Scan Director Software
Metis Scan Director software is ready for the future. It is able to handle new scanning concepts & unique scanning features, such as the Metis patented dynamic lighting control, Metis SuperScan, light gradient, light gradient mixing with colour information, Metis 3D Depth MAP generation & Glossiness MAP.
In addition, Metis Scan Director software supports the latest OS (W10) with a full 64 bit architecture and fully exploits the latest CPU by making extensive use of multi-tasking and multi-threading processing, is capable of completing the most demanding image processing tasks almost in real time and can handle GBs of data in a matter of seconds.
- Designed specifically for the industrial & decor market and for handling very large files
- Native 64 bit software and processing
- 16 bit per channel (3 x 16 bit) image processing
- Customizable user profiles for workflow optimization and system settings retrieval
- Fast preview for real-time adjustments
- Automatic lighting calibration and gray balance tools; full ICC colour profiling support
- Colour / density tools: exposure, contrast, highlight, shadows, gamma, automatic adjustments, black & white points, histograms & point analysis, ICC colour profiles, paper colour correction, etc.
- Full resolution image view immediately after the scan with History window
- Light Inspector tools allow for real-time light schematic variations and evaluation
- Ability to save in METIS DCS-RAW format for image post-processing
We would love to hear from you. One of our specialists will contact you as soon as possible.