Are you drowning in paper? Do you find it difficult and costly to manage your ever expanding paper archive? Are you worried that you may be loosing important documents or believe that you are no longer able to guarantee compliance? If so, you are probably considering going digital.
According to some estimates, office workers spend nearly 20% of their time searching for information in paper based documents but with a mere 50% chance of actually finding what they are looking for. Plus, approximately 8% of all paper documents are lost and 4% are misfiled.
Need a Helping Hand?
Getting rid of paper altogether is neither possible nor practical.
Many businesses do not have an urgent need to digitize all their paper documents – they are simply looking for ways to reduce (not necessarily eliminate) the amount of time their staff spend working with paper on a daily basis. As a business you face a dilemma – you want your staff to be more productive but do not wish or, quite possibly, do not need to engage in a full-scale digitization project. Maybe all you need is a little help with paper files that your own staff simply do not have time or resources to handle.
So what are your options?
Outsource Your Document Scanning
First and foremost, consider outsourcing your document scanning to a trusted and experienced service provider. If document scanning is not your core business, digitizing your paper documents can become a costly and time-consuming undertaking, especially if you have a significant backlog of paper files.
With decades of experience in scan project management, iGuana offers an easy solution.
iGuana ScanFactory is a completely outsourced, all-inclusive document scanning service that will save you time, money, effort and help you focus on your core business. All ScanFactory services are delivered by qualified, well-trained personnel that can scan and index anything from your incoming invoices, to daily mail, to forms containing readable data, to microfilm, microfiche, and many other types of documents.
Scan As and When Needed
Many organizations, even if they decide to outsource their scanning, are overwhelmed when they think of all the work that lies ahead and brace themselves for a long-term, complex, and costly scan project. Fortunately, this does not have to be the case. There is no need to “shock” your business and your staff with the prospect of a one-off, large-scale digitization project, even if you can outsource all the work.
Our advice is to simply focus on the most pertinent needs of your company and have your documents scanned as and when needed.
Document Scanning as a Service
We suggest our customers think of document scanning as a kind of a “subscription” service. Just as there are firms that purchase software-as-a-service and pay a monthly subscription fee to use it, why shouldn’t it be possible for other firms to have their documents scanned for a monthly, all-inclusive fee?
Fixed Budget, No Surprises
Paying a fixed monthly fee for a document scanning service offers numerous advantages.
- You do not have to invest a lump sum of money upfront, which is something that your accounting department will be pleased with
- You will receive a fixed monthly invoice and will always know what to expect the following month, allowing management to budget accordingly
- You will eliminate any potential unplanned expenses and unwanted surprises
Take Advantage of End-to-End Service
The main point of outsourcing your scanning to a third party is that you let a team of experienced professionals take care of your documents. You can rely on our staff to do the work that your employees do not have time for. There is no software, no hardware, no maintenance requirements and therefore no hassle for your organization.
We will do the following:
- Pre-register and pick up your documents using a dedicated ScanFactory transport vehicle
- Deliver your files to our secure ScanFactory facility in uniquely numbered archive boxes
- Classify and separate individual box contents and generate a unique barcode for each file
- Scan all documents (front and rear) in black & white and colour, using highly specialized scanners
- Perform continuous quality checks to ensure all files (paper and scanned) are in order
- Securely destruct paper files (certificate provided) or deliver the documents back to you
- Ensure that all scanned files and metadata are ready for import into your DMS, HIS, ERP, etc.
- Route scanned documents to the correct members of your staff, if necessary
Let your staff focus on what they do best.
Leave the paperwork to us.